Excel Accounting Products

Excel Accounting Products
Excel Accounting Products

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Accounting for non Accountants

Accounting for non Accountants

By

Gaynor Paynter
AND

When I was approached by a friend to be a dealer of the new product he was supplying, I accepted, generally being pretty much game for anything. Then he said, “it’s an accounting software product.”

Oh.

I’m a business owner, a transcriptionist, a social media fundi. I’m NOT an accountant, nor a mathematician nor any good at anything that is more than say, 20 + 235.  But he told me that the product is so easy you don’t have to be an accountant to understand it. “It’s in MS Excel,” he said, “and you understand that. “

Yes, I do. And I’d been doing my own invoices in MS Excel for years before.  So here was an opportunity to use an affordable  professional product, in a format that I understood, with the backing of professionals to make it work.  And my friend took me to one side and explained the product from start to finish with me.   Even I can understand a video tutorial, on Youtube, another platform that I understand. And I understood the product and have marketed it to other small business owners.

The line here is thin. Yes, you can hire an accountant to do your work for you, but that costs lots of money and FIGG doesn’t.  Within FIGG there are video tutorials and explanatory notes – you can go through them at your leisure and you aren’t paying your accountant by the hour as he explains things to you.  Part of what FIGG does, is encourage and assist businesses to grow – and every product they provide is geared to do this from the sales forecast (let’s face it, which small business owner even DOES a sales forecast, let alone uses a professional system to do it – and imagine the profits if we all did this properly)  to the budget to the household accounting system, a product which you can give to your teenager to teach him or her about household responsibilities.

Gaynor Paynter is the owner of Typewrite Transcription and Typing Services CC providing a full virtual and online marketing suite of services from typing and transcription services to accounting solutions through FIGG Excel Accounting Solutions

1 comment: